4.25.2008

2010: D-day for the Internet!

Today Yahoo ran a SCARE STORY, and it worked! (at least for me). I'll be up all night!!! I didn't really understand it all too well because it used lots of tech words that went whizzing right over my head - words like "bandwidth", "network infrastructure", and "traffic prioritization/shaping system". But I think the gist of it is that the cable dohickies they have running all over the world won't always be sufficient enough for the video stuff on the Internet, and that in two years, all hell will break loose. In 1999, I was probably the last person on earth to understand what Y2K was, and what the acronym meant, and SOME PEOPLE will never let me forget it, so this 2010 stuff is coming at me way too prematurely. I am simply not prepared for my lifeline to be snatched away from me like this.

The moral of the story: Blog now because you may not be able to blog in the future. The silver lining? I don't think there is one.

No comments: