4.05.2008

TMI: Leg Waxing






I'll just say it: I wax my legs instead of shave. I have bad memories as a kid of my leg bumping my mom's while sitting next to her and getting stubble burn - I just can't bear for my own kids to have the same experience (I still love you Mom!). So about 8 years ago, I started waxing. I even went to a salon when I first started to see how the professionals do it, thinking I might be doing something wrong because it hurt so much. Fortunately (or unfortunately) for me I was doing it right, although they did charge me more that day at the salon than usual due to the amount of hair and extra square footage.

I have the process down to a science now, so it only takes about 20 minutes per leg. It doesn't get done as often as I'd like, but the pain isn't a real incentive for me to wax more often. The benefit of getting rid of grown out hair has to finally outweigh the cost of the pain. My unsolicited advice to you would be to keep shaving.

1 comment:

SiouxsieQ said...

Some people don't shave during the winter. They just make sure they wear long enough socks to cover up any hairs peeking out. Just FYI. Much easier and less painful, if you ask me.