- I heated 1 gallon of milk with 1 packet of Knox unflavored gelatine to 185 degrees
- While that was heating, I put a jar of boiling water in a cooler to warm it up
- When the milk reached 185 degrees, I took it off the stove and set the pan into a sink full of cold water
- When the temperature decreased to 120 degrees, I added 1 cup Dannon plain yogurt and stirred it well.
- I then put the milk mixture into 3 plastic containers and put them into the styrofoam cooler with a new jar of boiling water to keep the temperature at around 110 degrees.
- I let it sit for 8 hours.
- Tastes just like store bought! (I sound like a hick!)(I AM a hick!- I just made my own yogurt)
I decided to try making my own yogurt this morning since the prices have gone up so much. Well, really since I thought it would be fun. Because, truthfully, the $2 per quart I am saving by making my own yogurt, is CERTAINLY being spent on other "unnecessary" items. If I had to choose between yogurt and Diet Pepsi, chocolate, or shoes, I think we all know what I wouldn't be choosing.