5.27.2009

Piloga and Yogates


A few days ago, my husband asked me* I decided to pick up a yoga video at the store so that he I could start stretching in the morning. Neither of us has ever dabbled in the stretching/strengthening exercises before, but I've always been curious. And since his request my idea involved purchasing something at a store, I gladly complied.

Yesterday I brought home a yoga mat, a yoga video, and a Pilates video. I did the yoga video first - a short 10 minute workout, then put the Pilates video in. I was about 2 minutes into the Pilates video when it occurred to me that some reinventing of the yoga wheel has been happening. Now granted, this is my first introduction into yoga and/or Pilates, and I'm only of average intelligence, but I can't figure out why someone did some yoga and renamed it Pilates. When I say 'someone', I am talking about YOU Mr. Joseph Pilates. Yoga has been around for 5000 years, while Joseph came up with his 'new' exercise theology in 1928.

In this same spirit, I have come up with a new exercise too. I am going to call it Jazzercise, because I think it would be groovy to exercise to music. I also have created some warm footless socks to wear on my legs! I'm calling them legwarmers. You can see me here:


*I've been requested to remove any reference of my husband requesting a yoga video since apparently I didn't hear correctly and someone THAT MANLY obviously would have no interest in something like yoga.

5 comments:

carrol said...

thank you for the amazing information...Please check out the blog mentioned below its really cool....!!!im sure you'll love it!!!

www.stay-sharp.in

The Hussy Housewife said...

I tried all that once..I am just not the flexible type. I am sure you hubby just pretended that he wanted to try this ..in hope of getting you all flexible. Men are sneaky and horny like that.

I just though I would pop in and see who you were, hussy loves a housewife after her own heart ;)

the Mayor said...

Men do seem to have a preoccupation with their women being flexible.

I just would like to keep myself from shrinking as I'm already too short to reach into my cupboards.
Let me know if you find something for that.

P.L. Frederick said...

Pilates is definitely a tough workout. I don't know why it's not more popular with menfolk. Mr. Pilates started it in World War I for soldiers, for Pete's sake. What's more manly than that? By the by, your husband's a darling! That's him in the exercise contraption picture, right, not the one doing the floor V? Hubba hubba.

P.L. Frederick (Small & Big)

Barbra Novac said...

This is really funny, and I couldn't agree more!
I once did an intro to pilates course and the amount of information that had to be doubled up to stretch THAT to a full day to get our monies worth was the biggest show of talent!
great blog! Thanks
Barbra
http://intelligentwomenreadromance.wordpress.com/