6.10.2009

Neighborhood Watch

In an ongoing effort to clean up our neighborhood, I am starting a regular post on weird things we catch the neighbors doing in hopes they will read this blog and see the error of their ways. This was inspired most recently by my discovery of some "play money" belonging to one boy who lives near us*.

You can see in this picture that he takes beer bottle caps from his irresponsible parents and pounds them with a hammer until they are flat. He then puts them in the change compartment of his wallet and pretends they are coins. He seemed very proud of the 4** coins he has collected and pounded flat so far.


If his parents are reading this, I hope I can communicate in a non-threatening manner that you're WEIRD and maybe you should think about what you are teaching your child. I know its difficult to see how your current decisions can affect your children long term, but this can't be good. Just so you and the rest of our neighbors know, we're WATCHING YOU, and are hoping to crack down on the weirdness in this neighborhood in the next few months.

*I can't say exactly how near, in order to protect his identity.
**This is an estimate. I hesitate to say exactly how many "coins" he has collected.

7 comments:

SiouxsieQ said...

Oh dear Steaphanie, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Stephanie M said...

thank you - its just part of the cross we bear living in this trashy ghetto.

Northwind said...

O'Doul's ain't beer. It's counterfeit alcohol.

Northwind said...

So what other criminals are you trying to foist on us innocent, faithful blog readers?

SiouxsieQ said...

Well, O'Doul's might be counterfeit, but it counts as beer at the Great American Ballpark and it cain't be served after the 7th inning or whenever else beer stops being served. I know because I got alcohol training the other night at the GABP from Rhonda, So there, Northwind.

Kirsten said...

Those people are disgusting!
I would never! I have my kids use vodka bottle caps.

Jen said...

My daughter makes sculptures out of the wine bottles so pounding money out of bottle caps doesn't sound all that weird to me, at least he's making money.