3.21.2008

Chocolate Sauerkraut Cake

3/4 c sauerkraut, drained and chopped
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c butter
3 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 c all-purpose flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c water
1/2 c dry cocoa

Preheat oven to 350. Sift all dry ingredients together. Cream sugar, butter, and vanilla. Beat eggs in one at a time. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with water. Add sauerkraut, mix thoroughly. Pour into greased bunt pan. Bake 30-40 minutes until cake tests done. Frost.

Taken from 'SCARY STRANGE RECIPES' by Stephanie M.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I please have the ISBN number for your cookbook? I have just got to get a copy of this and I can't find it on Amazon for some reason. Thanks so much! The sauerkraut cake was a big hit with my German inlaws! Love, ST

Stephanie M said...

Dear Anonymous ST,

I plan to re-release my recipes on my blog one by one. Just keep watching, I think you'll be pleased! mmmmmmm