4.07.2008

The Day the Kefir Died


If you've never heard of Kefir, I'm not going to judge you. You're probably going to be okay. I have dabbled in it, but never regularly. And today, after keeping these kefir grains alive for a year, I fear they are dead. I left them in the refrigerator too long without changing their milk (which is to kefir what Guinness is to the Irish, and the umbilical cord is to the fetus). We called 911, but there was no reviving them. They are just little white squishy shells of their former self. I keep telling myself "It's okay, it's not your fault (but it is), they're in a better place", but its not helping. I think I am just going to have to grieve.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't see your picture of Kiefer? I want to see it!

Jenny said...

Nevermind, now it is there....i tell ya!

Mindi said...

what the?? never even heard of it...but if it's healthy and/or good for you, then i probably wouldn't have...