7.23.2008

The Dulcimer

To the man playing the funny little guitar at the restaurant last night with the Oktoberfest hat:

I don't know if you remember me - but I was near the front of the crowd wearing a tube top and short shorts, waving my arms above my head and shaking my booty, while everyone else was sitting down? I really wanted you to play "Sweet Home Alabama" or "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" (two of my top favs) but you may not have heard me? I tried to yell them out, but it was hard to get a word in edgewise with all that beer that needed drinking. It sure seemed like a tough crowd for you - no one looked very happy. If I were you, I'd have a hard time playing that ethnic polka/big band music (or whatever you call it) all night long, the same old song over and over and over and over. You have a ton more patience than I do. Maybe you had to play that since there were so many older people there? I know you totally would have played my stuff if you had heard me.

Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you thank you for being so nice when those guys came up and started harassing me. And zapping me with that gun thing. I don't think I've hurt that bad since I fell off the hood of the car going 45 miles an hour. I know you didn't say anything, but it meant a lot that you kind of had that moment of silence for me when the ambulance came and took me away on a stretcher. My legs just didn't work real well for a bit, but I'm fine now.

You Rock! Thanks again, Stephanie M.

Humor-Blogs.com

5 comments:

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

To the crazy lady in the tube top and short shorts at the restaurant the other night:

It is not a funny looking guitar, it is a Dulcimer and if you'd cared to keep your tube top in place for even one minute, we'd have been glad to play Bye Bye Miss American Pie, or Alice's Restaurant or whatever is was you were slurring. The problem was, I just thought you were one of them retarded children from that home up the street and I couldn't hardly play anything with you flashing me every couple of minutes or so. I do apologize for having you hauled off. I didn't realized you'd had a few too many brews. And well, when you started drooling from the taser thingy, I just got to feeling sorry for you and didn't know what to say, so I just kept my mouth shut.

The cops told me the welts would disappear in a few days, so I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Rudy, the Dulcimer Player.

Chat Blanc (aka Sandy) said...

I bet that dude plays a lot of weddings, I mean funerals. Here's to a speedy recovery and many drinking days ahead! :)

Steph said...

You have obviously never lived in Alabama. I am not going to get into whether or not the song is a bad song, but Alabama (or at least where WE lived) was like an undeodorized armpit. I couldn't wait to get out.

Hence, I hate the song, "Sweet Home, Alabama."

damon said...

Skynyrd, tasers, and ambulances. West Virginia would be so proud!

SiouxsieQ said...

Like I tried to say yesterday but apparently didn't get through: I have a dulcimer, but I loaned it to my sister. I know that is important info for you to have.