8.02.2008

Another call to law enforcement

Today I was driving home and found myself in a situation where I didn't have my camera and needed it. I know, I know: Blog Handbook item 301.87B: A blogger must ALWAYS have his/her camera, blah blah blah. But I made some Steph-magic instead. This is what I saw - I kid you not: So as SOON as I walked in the house, I made another call to my local law enforcement at their non-emergency number:

Me: Hi, this is Stephanie M. I called the other day concerning recyclables?

Sheriff: Yes, I remember. What's the problem?

Me: I was driving north on MN State Rd. 38 at approximately 1030, and have questions regarding an equestrian apprehended during that time at that location. I was not aware that it was against the law to ride a horse along a state road?

Sheriff: No, it is not against the law. What you saw happening was a 10-91H. Our deputy was assisting in a horse round-up (OMG! A real live round-up!!). Unfortunately, two of the horses escaped.

Me: I think I know just the horses you're talking about. Was Bryan Adams singing in the background? If so, I believe you'll find your horses somewhere out west...

Sheriff: Thank you very much for the tip Mrs. M. I'll make sure if those horses are found, you'll be amply rewarded.

Me: No worries, just glad I could help! By the way - is there some sort of speed limit for horses traveling on public roads?

Sheriff: No, not that I'm aware of.

Me: Perfect!

If you've never seen a cop pull over an equestrian before, CLICK HERE

9 comments:

Chat Blanc (aka Sandy) said...

officer to equestrian: do you know how fast you weren't going? also, there was a failure to use your blinker.

AoE said...

I was reading this post on my iphone while driving home from the liquor store and I actually shot jagermeister out my nose - I was laughing so hard! Thank God the cops are busy with horses instead of drunk drivers!!!!

Jeff said...

I liked your answer for my "What the hell is that thing" post. It really does look like a boat winch. Did you really lose one or was that just a clever reply?

Alice said...

I was laughing at your photoshop skills first until I noticed that you're expecting a bunch of babies in 26 days. HAHAHAHAHAAA....

Excellent.

SiouxsieQ said...

Of course you're not kidding me. Thank God for alert people like you who think to, you know, check out the situation when you see something that raises questions.

Mindi said...

sorry-you will NEVER offend, my dear. just been partying too much and my google reader still says "346 unread posts"

yikes

unfinishedrambling said...

I never remember my camera either when I need it. I'll just remember how you did yours and Photoshop the idea together. Thanks.

And I love your talks with the cops. I'm sure they don't mind being bothered or anything. ;)

Trooper Thorn said...

Were Robert Redford and Jane Fonda anywhere in the vicinity?

peglegstarfish.com said...

I think its wonderful that your local law enforcement is willing to give you such clear answers on these pressing issues. I'm always wondering about various situations and stuff regarding the law...now I have someone to call on besides relying on my boyfriends know it all attitude. Oh the Spirit horses are so pretty! :)