4.25.2013

My Fitness Pal and Runtastic



I have a new friend.  Two actually.  We are a friend triangle - they get along great too, but they don't like each other more than they like me.  Sometimes they do talk behind my back about me, but then always tell me exactly what was said.  Sometimes they tell me things I don't like to hear, but its always the truth.  Other times, they are very encouraging. 

I first got to know My Fitness Pal a couple of years ago, but as with most new friends, we didn't really get to know each other until this last January, when we started seeing each other on a daily basis.  I told My Fitness Pal that I would like to lose 1.5 pounds each week, and she came up with a daily calorie limit just for me, based on my weight, height, and activity level.  Its a very reasonable limit of 1320 calories a day, and can be increased if I exercise.  I love that motivation!  I also found that I can go over that limit by about 100 - 200 calories if I'm feeling extra hungry, and still lose weight.  I have lost 18 pounds in 14 weeks, 9 of which I stayed in the 1500 calorie/day average range, and the other 5 weeks, exceeded that (I am doing better this week so far).  I love that I am not hungry, I don't feel deprived, and feel that this is something I can maintain long term.  There are no foods off limits, and no exercise too little.

It has only been recently that I've met our other friend, Runtastic.
She has been a great addition to the growing friendship I've formed with MFP.  As I start my walk or run, I start Runtastic on my phone, and she keeps track of my time, mileage, steps, speed, and calories burned.  When I'm done with my walk or run, she sends the info to our other friend, MFP, who then writes it in my food diary and gives me that many more calories to eat! 
 
MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

No comments: