3.28.2008

The Pretend Miracle of Tiny Tats
















Mike and I did something CRAZY today! We traveled to Bemidji, Minnesota to Nan's Not-so-Nice Nano Needle Tattoo Parlor (her slogan is "Make a Small Statement - Secretly") We both got tiny tats - well, I got a Tiny Tat, and Mike got a Teeny Tiny Tat (see pics)(The tiny tat is a new nano-needle technology which is a cross between Willard Wigan's Microsculptures and Rice Art). We are so thrilled with the results - the detail is absolutely incredible! We have always wanted tattoos, but were a little hesitant of what our peeps might think of us - desecrating our bodies, and all. Mike was especially concerned of the image he might portray because he KNEW he wanted the flag/eagle motif, but didn't want people to assume he was a biker vet. So this was our great compromise. I feel just a little bit rebellious! Think of how many tattoos we can put all over our whole body now with no one the wiser! Plus, there's no remorse - if you don't like it, just cut it out! She also does Itty Bitty Body Piercing, for those of you who are interested...

6 comments:

SiouxsieQ said...

Boy, I thought the thing on Mike's back was a scary-looking mole! Good thing you showed an enlarged pic! You are just such the cutting-edge 30-something aren't you.

Anonymous said...

I love it ... where can I get my tiny tat in Virginia? I've always wanted to get a facial tattoo of african tribal art but have put it off because I was concerned I wouldn't be able to find work. This is a win-win for me and my employer!

Stephanie M said...

And win-win for everyone else who has to look at you! Who gets African Tribal Art tattooed on their face? Are you from some off-the-wall militia organization?

It looks like there's a place in Richmond - Millie's Micro Mini M-art on Malibu St. HTH, Stephanie

Mindi said...

no way!!!! i have never seen that before--i might have to link to you so people can get the full effect

Stephanie M said...

I think my blog is the only place you'll find tiny tats. If only technology could keep up with me! ;)

Mia said...

I just came over from Mindi's blog and this was just too funny!!!