5.07.2013

Coming Clean

Many and most times in my life, I feel like there are things I need to hide about myself.  Two things that come to mind right away are my spirituality and my other uality (which should and will remain hidden).  Just like the other uality, there are some people who would feel uncomfortable with me being open about my spirituality, so that is why I am equally uncomfortable bringing it up in most circumstances.  Just like my marriage is a safe place for my other uality, my church is a safe place for my spirituality.  But this is my blog, so I can say (and post pictures) about whatever I want.  The only people that read this beside myself are leaving advertisements about their Kindle Fire.

The first thing I believe in is a Creator God.  Here's why:

He created us out of only 2 cells - I can't grasp the miracle in that, its just so amazing to me.  I can't fathom how in 7 short weeks, those 2 cells look like this.  I also love how His creation has similarities and differences across species, but preserves His ingenuity and perfectness.    The second things I believe are that, in seeing His creation, I can also see that I am nowhere near as smart,
so can deduce that I don't have what it takes to be a creator god myself.  I can also see through His work here on earth, there are more important things than having virgins and money after I die, and/or be reincarnated as an ungulate.  That, to me, leaves only the Bible and Jesus to answer my "if God, then what?" question.  I've thought about this a lot, and this is what it all comes down to for me.  Everytime I have doubts about God, and what might happen to me when I die, I go outside and study creation.  I can't deny the existence of God everytime I see a perfect flower, or a funny little frog.  Neither can I deny His goodness, or His obvious love for me, everytime I hold my happy baby or my loving husband.  Thank you God.

No comments: