5.09.2013

Just-In-Time Productivity

I have degrees in Business and Accounting, and love the idea of JIT productivity.  If I owned or managed a company, and had the means to produce something, it is what I would use.   The Just-in-Time inventory system focus is having “the right material, at the right time, at the right place, and in the exact amount”, without the safety net of inventory.  That way, you don't have to pay money to store something, or worry that the cost of the inventory will be more expensive than what you can currently buy it for, or worry that it will become obsolete before you use it.  This "lean" manufacturing makes good sense!

What does that have to do with anything?  Many times, I mentally chastise myself for not figuring something out way before I figure it out, or knowing something before I know it, or doing something before I finally end up doing it, etc.  Like why didn't I know that Coldplay was so good before I started liking them, why didn't I appreciate my brother more when I was in high school, why didn't I know that having an iphone would be so wonderful, or why didn't I take my daughter (and myself) to counseling 6 years ago when we first adopted her, instead of waiting until 2 1/2 years later?  Think of all those mistakes I made before having serious support and help.  I still shake my head.  This kind of stuff happens to me frequently. 

I have come to the conclusion (and peace) that God provides wisdom, and just enough of it, when we need it, and not before.  Just like He provides  just enough money to pay the bills, and just enough time to accomplish what we need to, and just enough cars, and just enough strollers, and just enough clothes, and just enough food.  He wants us to keep looking to Him for answers and wisdom and money and time.  Very similar to the manna He provided daily for the Israelites.  Very similar to "His Grace is sufficient".

No comments: